19 June 2008

Wisdom of Ignorance Killed my Friend

It began like it always did, the jokes flew and
Laughter flooded the windows.

We talked about love, life, scandal and flaw.

We teased and embarrassed, revealed secrets and sorrows.

He asked about love letters, and friendships lost.
We told our stories, I didn’t shed a tear.

T’was this evening that I had experience, and wisdom too much to put
An end to it all.

The inquiries ended and
The devil arrived. I looked with pride and my wisdom took charge.

I fought a petty battle and my foe was defeat, only to find he took my friend along.

He hid behind his window of pain and guilt,
Nailed shut, and no more would he see the light again.

I won my petty battle and walked away, ignorance took over, and here I am.

I never heard the bullet, it wasn’t far away. I just chose not to hear it over the
Sound of these keys.

With every pop, another letter, and every thud, another word.

I knew not when, over the
Distance of my ignorance.

He was a child this evening, a child all along. It didn’t take eight hours, not even
Eight minutes.

My caterpillar has flown away, and victory is of the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment