07 July 2008

My Acid Tears

These tears have turned to acid
With every quarrel, a little more of my skin is burnt
And my face is melting into the ugliness of us.
The girl in the glass has disappeared 
Like a discharged employee she’s been replaced
And this person I see now, is battered to pieces
Clothes torn and hair thinning
Lips like ancient parchment, eyes like zombies possessed.

These tears they fall from my face to the ground
And with every step taken, I leave behind a gorge in the soil
That sinks deeper and deeper as the acid kills the mud, and turns to sand
This endless sinking of my soul into the depths of hell
Where I feel more secure than I do in this tower
Where all I can do is look out my window and wait, 
Day after month after year with no life but my own.

These tears will soon burn through me, 
Cut me in half and devour be whole
They will flood the gorges and the seas will turn to fire 
This distance will be destroyed and you will be here
Ready to pursue what was ignored. 
You’ll find at your feet only dust and debris
My ashes you will stand upon and begin
Your eternal wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment